To manage members in the hierarchy:
- From the Models module in the Navigation pane, select the Dimensions icon.
- Double-click on the dimension you wish to modify.
- The Hierarchy Manager will appear with the hierarchies collapsed.
- Select a member and right-click to invoke the context menu.
To add a new member to the hierarchy:
- Select Add Child to add a child to the selected member.
Select Add Sibling to add the member as a peer to the selected member.
Note: Valid characters for member names is limited to letters, numbers, underscores, parentheses, and spaces as noted below:
- ( )
- The attributes for the new member will be copied from the selected member.
To move a member to a new parent or to change the sort order of the member in the same parent:
- Click on the member to move and drag it to the destination parent or leaf symbol.
- Choose the option from the box to control how the member will be moved.
Will move the member as a child of the target member. If that member is a leaf, it will become a parent.
Will move the member as a sibling of the target member directly under that member.
Updating Member Properties
To update properties of a member:
- Click on the member row to invoke the update window.
- Click on the value of the member to update and enter a valid value for the property.
- If the property is not displayed, click the Add icon and the available properties will be included:
To make a copy of a member:
- Right-click on the member and select Copy from the menu.
- Select the member to copy to by right-clicking on the target member and choose Paste Child to add it as a child or Paste Sibling to add it as a peer member.
Expanding and Collapsing Members in a Hierarchy
You can quickly expand all and collapse all members in a hierarchy by using the right-click context menu. On a collapsed parent, the Expand All option will fully expand the hierarchy under the selected parent. If the parent is expanded, the Collapse All option will be displayed instead, and it will collapse all the parents under the selected member.